Tuesday, October 11, 2011

On the Inside

Dear Father in Heaven, must life be so hard?  Must every step I take be riddled with challenges?  Must every hope, every dream, every whisper of happy things, be marred by old pain and older despair?  What is it You are saying?  What is the cry of Your heart?


I am listening.  You have my attention.

And I hear it, in the stillness of the tears that are balling up in my throat, I hear His words, simple, unchanging....


Press forward.  Don't despair.




I am with you.


So I shall press on, because, beyond everything that seems so close and weighty now, He stands, immovable, unchangeable, truthful.


And I know that my heart and hope is in His hands.  No matter the battle on the outside, I am safe on the inside.


With all my heart,
Emma

8 comments:

Joanna Kristina said...

This is beautiful. I felt tears ball up in the back of my throat when I read it... He is near, He is here, and He is there. Thank you Lord... much love and prayers!
~Joanna

Everly Pleasant said...

Alas-a post from y'all. :)

I do know how you feel, but I can say with confidence that those shadows pass.

As I read earlier today:
"The warmth of His firm embrace waits for you on the other side of this present darkness."

Love, Everly

(P.S. I read it here: http://livesayhaiti.blogspot.com/2011/10/there-is-some-good-in-this-world-and-it.html )

SisterlyLove said...

You always say it so beautifully. Your post reminds me of Psalm 42. We just read it this evening.

Genevieve

Lydia said...

This was such a encouraging post..."you mean, i'm not the only one???"

Thank you for sharing, Emma.

Sarah Elisabeth said...

Beautiful and so very true!

Lydia Covey said...

Emma... how your writing blesses me. What a gift. I especially like the line "He stands, immovable, unchangeable, truthful." Amen and amen!! He IS the rock and by surrendering to Him we are fixed and safe on that rock. It leaves me wordless to dwell on this.

Love you.

Anonymous said...

No matter the battle...I am safe in His hands. Praise You, Lord!

~Micah

Bisceglia Family said...

Oh....very sweet post, Emma! Thank you! I think the photos very lovely, too.
Love, Kathrina