Monday, November 15, 2010

Overload

Did you know that your brain can go on overload?  I found mine doing just that today.  Like a muscle, it fought to work with the thoughts I laid against it.  Like a muscle it ached and strained.  Like a muscle it cried out when it could take no more.  But I kept pushing.  I needed to keep working.

But, like a muscle that needs a break, my brain collapsed.  Whew.... my emotions flooded out, like a river freed with the breaking of a dam.  But, now, like a muscle, merely sitting still will not re-build it.  My brain needs a soft, easy flow of thoughts, to bring it slowly into use again.


So here I am, feeling the nerves in my fingers as they touch, one at a time, the letters on my keyboard, feeling the gentle pulse of my recuperating brain as my thoughts slide softly through my hands.



And here, in the warm silence of this room, the stronger side of my brain, the creative side, is touched by a thought from my Savior.

Take a step back.  Look again at those things that jar at your brain, that push heavy thoughts against your soul, those things that bring tears to your eyes and weariness to your heart.  Be still.  Rest.  And look again.  The glass that was once half empty, is now half full.  Understanding brings peace.

Look again.  Take your glasses from your face.  Look, without your own perspective.  Look again, through my eyes.



Mmmm..... there is such peace in His words.  There is such truth.

So... slowly, I will take another look.

-Emma

4 comments:

Everly Pleasant said...

I feel that I am doing the same thing tonight. Thank you for this post-it was a blessing to me!

Through His Eyes,
Everly

Tammy@Fear Not said...

Love to hear words deep from Him and this: "the letters on my keyboard, feeling the gentle pulse of my recuperating brain as my thoughts slide softly through my hands." Yes, so true!

Jolie said...

Wow, this means so much to me right now, because dealing with school finals this week has been so stressful, so...overwhelming! I've been needing to just rest...rest in Him, and be filled with His peace, rather than with worry and stress.
Matthew 11:28
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."

Much love from Benbrook! :]

Jolie

p.s...lovely photos, as usual! :]

Heather S. said...

Emma I am praying for you all!!!

the verse that came to mind when I read your post was "Be still and know that I am God!"

How powerful!

Hugs
Heather