Thursday, May 22, 2008

Thoughts


My heart feels like poetry
Like breaking and bursting, erupting into bloom
My soul feels like singing
Pouring forth because my spirit, it has no more room

I think I'll spread my heart out,
Like dried flowers on a page
Press it flat and paste it
Where it cannot be erased

My hands feel like dancing
Like flying and swinging, laughing aloud
My arms feel like hugging
Wrapping around those of whom I'm proud

I think I will end this song
Slip into my bed and lay my head down, slowly
I'll close my eyes and lie in wait
For God to take my soul wherever I am going.




Goodnight,

Emma

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Emma, that is so beautiful!! So lovely and enchanting. I thoroughly enjoyed it, I think I have missed reading your poems.

I'm so glad you found a place for my rose picture!

I love you dear sis,

~Johanna Sue

P.S. So that's what you were doing last night! ;) hehe

Crooked Stream said...

Oh, EMMA! Whoa. That is exactly how I feel right now. ;)
Thank you. =D
So beautiful!

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous poem, Emma!

By the way, I just wanted to let you know that I edited the Earl Grey Cupcakes recipe into that post - I know you were interested in it. :) Let me know if you make them, and how they come out! ^_^